I am eternally grateful that I have been able to tick a few items off my bucket list already, I’ve flown in a helicopter, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, learnt to scuba dive, flown first class, run my first half marathon, drifted across California vineyards on a sunrise hot air balloon ride, visited incredible places and had some fantastic experiences already during my 32 years.
But, I’m nowhere near done yet. Here are a few of the items that I’d like to tick off this year:
17 things that I would like to do in 2017 –
- Go to my first UFC fight – hoping to tick this one off in February during a long weekend in Brooklyn. (Speaking of…)
- Visit NYC – I’ve never been! At least not for anything longer than a layover. I need to explore. I need to see the sights! Planning suggestions are welcome…
- Earn my first paycheck from a hobby (or something outside of my regular job) – fingers crossed I can do this with my calligraphy soon!
- Collaborate on a blogging project or post with another blogger.
- Learn conversational Spanish – the husband and I keep saying we’ll try, I feel this is the year to get on with it. (Which would come in handy when we…)
- Drink a Cuba Libre in Havana – I’ve wanted to go to Cuba for years!! Must convince the husband that it’s time…
- Complete a year-long savings plan – deposit $1 the first week, $2 the second, all the way up to $52 the final week of the year. Bonus: I’ll have $1,378 at the end of it. (And, yes I have $3 stashed so far…)
- Try kite-boarding – generally speaking I suck at water sports… and it took me a really, really long time to even get up on a wake-board. The idea of kite-boarding terrifies me, and that’s why I am determined that I should give it a go.
- Re-brand the blog and organize a self-hosted domain – strictly speaking I’m partway there as I already own thebarefootangel.com. Now I just need to get myself set-up on it and invest a little bit of money into getting the blog to look as I would like.
- Run a 10k – it’s been a few years since I ran my half marathon. I’d be happy to make it to 10k this year and then build back up to a marathon eventually! (Maybe that should be on the list for 2019)
- See a Broadway Show – ahhh, so many to choose from. Recommendations please!
- Take up yoga – I am officially the least bendy person I know and I have pathetically little core strength. I can change this – I know I can.
- Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant – food is very important to me, ask anyone that knows me. The fact that this item hasn’t yet happened is, quite frankly, a travesty!
- Eat at a food truck – because good food doesn’t need to be expensive.
- Join a book club – I’m reading a lot! It would be great to have a focus and some people to share it with.
- Place a winning bet (and I don’t mean one with the husband – he never pays out!)
- Go on an(other) epic road trip with my husband. Our fantastic honeymoon only served to pique my interest (and created a bit of a monster) I’d love to road trip again this year, across Europe, across more of the States, who knows?
Do any of you have a bucket list? Or do you have any creative suggestions for mine? 🙂